WM2 is the first watermarking-only product designed by SOUND4. It is a dedicated hardware platform, specifically developed for the Kantar Media watermarking standard, with no hidden PC inside.
It can tag one stereo program (I/O: Analog, AES3, AES-67/Livewire) but also provides the option of adding five more stereo channels using AES-67/Livewire I/O only. This means that the WM2 can watermark simultaneously six stereo channels for a breakdown price.
SOUND4 WM2 is a standard 1U rack-mountable tool, fully controllable through the user-friendly HTML5 GUI.
About Kantar Media watermarking technology:
SNAP audio watermarking technology by Kantar has been designed for TV and Radio audience measurement. In addition, it can also be used for the synchronization of a second screen application. SNAP watermarking carries 2 types of information, a channel identifier and a timestamp for linear content and a timecode for non-linear content.
The audio watermarking technology can be described by 3 main properties: the inaudibility of the watermarking, the amount of data carried by the watermarking and the robustness of the watermarking.
The SNAP technology remains inaudible thanks to a very complex acoustic model and preserves the quality of the sound. This is a crucial property for TV channels and Radio stations that invest time and money into getting the best quality for their sound. Regarding the amount of data, the SNAP technology proposes a single payload for Channel and Content identification. The robustness of SNAP watermarking in the broadcast chain is also a key element. SNAP is robust to low encoding bitrates, and to adaptive bitrates. Don’t hesitate to contact Kantar support to get bitrate recommendations depending on the audio codec.
- Watermarking capacities:
- 1 stereo channel, I/O: analog, AES/EBU, AES-67/Livewire
- In option: up to 5 more stereo channels, I/O: AES-67/Livewire only
- Stereo Inputs: 1 AES/EBU 32 to 192 kHz, 1 analog, 1 AES-67/Livewire + (soon: 5 AES-67/Livewire in option -Soon)
- Stereo Outputs: 1 AES/EBU 32 to 192 kHz, 1 analog, 1 AES-67/Livewire + (soon: 5 AES-67/Livewire in option)
- Digital wordclock synchronization input from AES/EBU or AES67 (PTP1588)
- 1 Ethernet port: Admin & AES-67/Livewire
- GPIO: 4 inputs, 4 outputs, advanced management with scripts
- 1 USB ports: rear side (for upgrade loading and other functionalities)
- Routing management: Each output is able to deliver a watermarked signal or a replicated input
- Relay switch for automatic by-pass (analog in to analog out & digital in to digital out)
- SNMP traps
- Fully controllable from front Panel
- HTML5 GUI: for all configurations
- Single Power Supply
Analog Input Quantity 1 stereo Level 2 ranges (+12 or +24 dBu - software selectable) Impedance 10 kΩ Connectors 1 pair of XLR female balanced, EMI suppressed Digital Input Quantity 1 stereo Standard AES3 (EBU) Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits Connectors XLR female balanced , EMI suppressed Analog Output Quantity 1 stereo balanced (with automatic unbalancing) Level 2 ranges (+12 or + 24 dBu - software selectable) Load Impedance 10 kΩ typ. (> 300 Ω) Connectors 1 pair of XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed Digital Output Quantity 1 stereo Standard AES3 (EBU) Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits Connector XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed; Audio Over IP (I/O) Ethernet 1Gbps Compatible AES-67, Ravenna, Livewire; 48kHz, 24 bits, stereo, 48 samples/packet (1ms), Quantity of channels 1 for the WM2 without options and up to 6 with options Audio Specifications Watermarking Delay ???ms Frequency Response 30Hz - 20 kHz +/-0.2dB Signal to Noise >90 dB Distortion Analog <0.006% THD Separation >70 dB Bypass Relay AES/EBU AES in => AES out Analog Analog in => Analog out Power Supply Type Single Voltage 100 – 260 Volt AC, < 25W Operating Conditions Operational between 0 – 50°C Power Up Boot For analog and AES/EBU 25s Other Interfaces USB 2.0 for upgrades GPIO 4 inputs, 4 outputs (opto-isolated) with 5V supply (DB15 male) PC To Client Communication Interface HTML5 All parameter are accessible SNMP Supervision with Trap Feature Size And Weight Dimensions (WxHxD) 483 x 44 x 180 mm Shipping Weight 540 x 115 x 300 mm / 2.465 kg HS Code 8517620000